Nathaniel J. Tilton, CFP®, AIF®
Private Wealth Advisor
Nathaniel is a private wealth advisor and owner of Tilton Wealth Management. He is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire, where he majored in sports management and minored in business administration. He worked on the corporate side of professional sports until 2001, when he started his wealth management career at American Express Financial Advisors. There, he earned New England Market Group Advisor of the Year honors in 2001 and 2002. Since 2006, he has been an Investment Adviser Representative and General Securities Representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®. He holds licenses and registrations that include FINRA Series 7 (General Securities Registered Representative) and 66 (Combined Investment Advisor, Uniform State Law) securities registrations and life, accident, and health insurance licenses.
- Nathaniel is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional. The CFP® marks identify those individuals who have met the rigorous experience and ethical requirements of the CFP® Board, have successfully completed financial planning coursework, and have passed the CFP® certification examination. The exam covers the financial planning process, risk management, investments, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning. CFP® professionals also agree to meet ongoing continuing education requirements and to uphold CFP® Board’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, Rules of Conduct, and Financial Planning Practice Standards.
- Nathaniel earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designation from the Center of Fiduciary Studies. The AIF® designation certifies that he has specialized knowledge of fiduciary standards of care and their application to the investment management process.
In the News
- Nathaniel has been a 2013, 2014, and 2015 recipient of the Women's Choice Award for Financial Planning, featured annually in the USA Today. The Women’s Choice Award® Financial Advisor program was created by WomenCertified Inc., the Voice of Women, in an effort to help women make smart financial choices. The Women’s Choice Award Financial Program is based on 17 objective criteria associated with providing quality service to women clients, such as credentials, experience, and a favorable regulatory history, among other factors. Financial advisors do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of Women’s Choice Award Financial Advisors, though they may have paid a basic program fee to cover the cost of their client survey. The inclusion of a financial advisor within the Women’s Choice Award Financial Advisor network should not be construed as an endorsement of the financial advisor by WomenCertified Inc. or its partners and affiliates and is no guarantee as to future investment success. Women’s Choice Award® financial advisors and firms represent less than 1% of financial advisors in the U.S. As of February 2015, of the 492 considered for the Women’s Choice Award, 87 were named Women’s Choice Award Financial Advisors/Firms. The criteria provided reflect the most recent year for which financial advisors/firms received the award. The criteria used, the number of financial advisors/firms considered for the award, and the number of those who receive the award may vary from year to year. For more information, please visit www.womenschoiceaward.com.
- Nathaniel is proud to have been recognized as a President's Club advisor for 2014, 2015, and 2016, which is a distinction based on annual production attained by just 17 percent of advisors affiliated with our broker/dealer, Commonwealth Financial Network. Each year, Commonwealth recognizes President’s Club advisors by inviting them to an exclusive gathering of their peers and leading industry experts. President’s Club advisors benefit from an intensive learning and networking experience designed to help advisors hone their expertise, share best practices, and provide ever-higher levels of service, education, and leadership to clients.
Nathaniel is proud to have been recognized as a Leaders Level advisor for 2017 and 2018—a distinction based on annual production attained by just 7 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network. Each year, Commonwealth, the Registered Investment Adviser–broker/dealer that helps us process investment transactions on your behalf, recognizes Leaders Level advisors by inviting them to an exclusive gathering of their peers, leading industry experts, and Commonwealth home office staff. Leaders Level advisors benefit from an intensive learning and networking experience designed to help them hone their expertise, share best practices, and provide ever-higher levels of service, education, and leadership to their clients.
- Nathaniel has earned the Five Star Wealth Manager award, featured in Boston magazine. Based on 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria, including a minimum of 5 years as an active credentialed financial professional, favorable regulatory and complaint history, accepts new clients, client retention rates, client assets administered, education, and professional designations. 2,530 Boston wealth managers were considered for the award; 632 (25 percent of candidates) were named 2016 Five Star Wealth Managers. (The criteria provided reflect the most recent year for which advisor received the award. The criteria used, the number of wealth managers considered for the award, and the percentage of those who receive the award may vary from year to year). These awards are not indicative of the wealth managers' future performance. Your experiences may vary. For more information, please visit www.fivestarprofessional.com.
- Nathaniel was quoted in an April 2014 article, titled "Is the CFP Board Losing Credibility in the Eyes of Advisor?" on WealthManagement.com.
- Nathaniel published The Blackjack Life (Huntington Press 2012), a personal narrative inside his five-year journey as a professional card player and the theoretical and practical mathematical learning experiences that helped shape his investment management philosophies today.
- For more than two decades, Nathaniel co-organized ArenaTilton, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, dedicated to raising money and building awareness around cancer and multiple sclerosis. He previously served on the Board of Directors for Budget Buddies, Inc., a not-for-profit that promotes financial empowerment among low-income women. He also served on the Advisory Board for Project Giving Kids (www.projectgivingkids.org), a non-profit aimed to help kids develop a philanthropic mindset by connecting them to fun, meaningful, and age-appropriate service activities.
- Nathaniel is a health and fitness enthusiast; an avid follower of the Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, and Pittsburgh Steelers (not a typo); and a member of Webhannet Golf Club in Kennebunk, Maine. He is also a member of Mensa.
- Nathaniel is a devoted father to his son, Caden. They reside in Newburyport, Massachusetts.
Cynthia J. Packard, CRPC®
As a registered associate at Tilton Wealth Management, Cyndy oversees licensing, compliance, insurance, and all aspects of office management. Cyndy entered the wealth management industry in 1981 and has experience with firms such as the Investment Advisory Group, Merrill Lynch, State Street Global Advisors, and Bevilacqua Associates. She holds the Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM (CRPC®) designation, her Massachusetts life insurance license, and her FINRA Series 7 (General Securities) securities registration and Series 66 (held through Commonwealth Financial Network®) and is an appointed notary public for the state of Massachusetts. Cyndy has three children, enjoys golfing, and resides in Stoughton, Massachusetts.
Client Relations Manager
In her duties as the client relations manager at Tilton Wealth Management, Alli is responsible for scheduling appointments, managing our client database, organizing client events, overseeing social media, and enhancing the overall experience for each individual client. Alli’s diverse professional background includes extensive work in corporate retail, teaching, customer service, and real estate. Alli grew up in the Midwest, graduated from the University of New Hampshire, and lives on Plum Island in Newburyport, where she raised her daughter and son. In her free time, Alli enjoys creating oil and acrylic landscape art, playing tennis, and going to the beach.
Front Desk Receptionist
As the front desk receptionist, Varicia fields incoming phone calls and greets guests for all advisors in our suite. Whether you try to reach us in Waltham or in Newburyport, everything routes through our main number at 781.890.6484, and Varicia will direct you accordingly. Varicia is a graduate of the University of Connecticut with a degree in environmental science and is employed by our suite's primary tenant, KSP Financial.